- Best times to share on Twitter and Facebook
- The Problems with Groupon
- Google Search Plus Your World
- What is a Good Click-Through-Rate?
- Tips to Implement an Effective Strategy
- Using Infographics for Link Building
- 10 Ways to Improve Website Conversion Rate
- The Seven Lifes of PageRank
- The Most Relevant Search Engine Factors for 2011
- How to improve mobile web usability?
10 Ways to Improve Website Conversion Rate
A higher conversion rate is essential to remain competitive and get new customers. If your website has been perfectly optimized for search engines but the conversion rate is low your revenue won’t increase either.
Here we have 10 questions that you need to answer to improve your conversion rate.
1. The first thing that you must to identify is your website’s target goal. What is the end action you want your visitors to perform? Is it a phone call, a form filled or a product purchased?
2. The next thing is to analyse how easy is for your visitors to achieve that goal. Do they need to jump through hoops? How long does it take to reach the “goal page”? When visitors reach your site, you have approximately 4 seconds to engage them.
3. Does the layout and navigation support your goal? Is it clear for your visitors what to do next? Can they move comfortably through the steps to convert? Are you using links, buttons, arrows to escort your visitors to your goals?
4. Does the content support your goal? Does it make clear what you offer?
5. Is your goal accessible from all the webpage and from the different parts of a page? Is it possible to click through the goal without scrolling down or spending more than 5 seconds?
6. How easy is to find your “contact us” page?
7. Are categories and site sections clear to users? Would your client be able to find a specific product via the home page without getting frustrated?
8. If accepting payments, Is your site secure and trust worthy? Do you have a badge to accredit that? How many payments options do you have?
9. Are you offering any incentive? Eg: free download, free shipping, discounts, etc.
10. Do you have a FAQ page? Sometimes, by addressing all the common questions tour typical customer has, you can eliminate many users’ doubts.
Get on the right track; improve your conversion rate and maximize your sales and profits.