- Best times to share on Twitter and Facebook
- The Problems with Groupon
- Google Search Plus Your World
- What is a Good Click-Through-Rate?
- Tips to Implement an Effective Strategy
- Using Infographics for Link Building
- 10 Ways to Improve Website Conversion Rate
- The Seven Lifes of PageRank
- The Most Relevant Search Engine Factors for 2011
- How to improve mobile web usability?
Social Media Marketing: Tips to Implement an Effective Strategy
Social media has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone. Social media networks are a great way to promote businesses and to build relationships with prospective customers and partners. Social networking is essential for branding particularly for small businesses because it is a relatively inexpensive marketing platform.
There are some networks that are more suitable to some types of business; however, an appropriate use of social networking sites requires adapting the message to the specific site and audience. Before developing a strategy for a specific channel, it is advisable to analyze and understand the behavior of the prospective audience in order to find the best ways to engage virtual communities.
Leveraging Social Media Marketing
• Determine your objectives. Social media can be used for branding purposes, to increase website traffic, to promote offers, to obtain backlinks, etc. Understanding what you're trying to actually do with your social media presence should be the first step in developing a social media strategy.
• Evaluate the brand and find the most suitable strategy for each particular channel. People use the different social networks for diverse purposes. While Linkedin and other professional networking sites are commonly used to share expertise, Facebook allows you connect with the audience in a more “playful” way.
• Analyze the characteristics of the type of social media you want to have a presence on. It will help you to find the most suitable approach to fit in.
• Leverage the effect by using multiple channels. To build vibrant communities in social networks, businesses must develop a diversified channel strategy that allow them to reinforces the brand and get their corporate message across.
• Spend some time getting to know your audience. Are they old or young? Technical or non-technical? Male or female? Rich or poor? Liberal or conservative? Do they like sports?
• Join the conversation to develop relationships. The key is to reach out to customers in a non-intrusive way, to establish their needs and by building a good customer relationship. Don’t be intrusive and avoid hard-sell tactics. Listen what they are saying. Before start selling your business you have to build relationships with online communities.
• Ensure you make regular updates to your profiles. Participating in social media takes a lot of work, time and dedication.
• Measure the result of your strategy. Have you increase the number of followers or traffic? Can you identify the leads coming from social media sites?
• Evaluate and adapt your social media campaigns to improve the results. Social media marketing is ongoing process. In many occasions I have heard business owners saying that social media marketing doesn’t work for them. Maybe they need to change their approach
• Keep yourself abreast of the newest Social Media networking platforms. Always trying to stay one step ahead of the competition.
• Do not follow the herd; set the trend for your field. Successful social marketing campaigns require innovation and creativity. Invite your team to participate in your brainstorming session.
• Trigger an emotional reaction from your audience. To connect with your audience you need to get their attention and emotions will move them. Marketing experts try to associate a brand with a particular emotion.
Which sites are essential for social media marketing?
The following list includes the top 20 most popular social media sites: